The Executive Committee shall consist of the President as Chairperson, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, and Executive Director. The Executive Committee shall act for the Board of Directors between regular meetings of the Board or in the absence of a quorum thereof. A quorum of any three of the following: President, Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer shall be required in addition to the Executive Director, if any, before such officers go into Executive session.
This committee shall be composed of three members of the Board of Directors, of which one shall be the Treasurer, who shall serve as Chairperson. The committee shall receive and consider, at the beginning of the fiscal year, estimates of expenditures and income for the ensuing year, as prepared and filed with it by the officers and committees of the Chamber; they shall submit to the Board of directors their recommendations for a budget, and these may be approved, amended, or rejected by the Board; they shall cause the books and accounts of the Chamber to be made available for the annual audit as required by Article VII Section 7.
This committee shall consist of a Chair appointed by president and approved by the Board; and members of the organization to
- record accurate membership contact information
- develop and revise the annual membership recruitment and retention plan
- respond to members’ needs
- implement protocols to engage members in chamber committees, programs, and activities
This committee shall consist of a Chair appointed by the President and approved by the Board, with members of the organization to assist the Chamber board in their responsibility to maintain a positive image of the organization in the community by:
- planning a public relations program
- monitoring public relations and planning publicity activities
- planning all publicity and promotions
- developing marketing efforts that support the organization’s services and programs
This committee shall consist of a Chair appointed by the President and approved by the Board, with members of the organization to support growth, economic development, and infrastructure investments in Hempstead. This committee shall:
- research measures to improve the local economy
- gather information regarding available commercial property in the Village of Hempstead.
- meet with key stakeholders to strengthen our business community
This committee shall consist of a Chair appointed by the President and approved by the Board, with members of the organization to lead the board in efforts that attract money and in-kind services needed to carry out the mission of the organization.
The Fundraising Committee shall monitor fundraising efforts to ensure that:
- ethical practices are in place
- donors are acknowledged appropriately
- fundraising efforts are cost-effective
The Fundraising Committee will work with the Chamber Board to
- define the short-term and long-term funding needs of the Chamber
- plan funding activities for the board
- educate the board on the techniques of fundraising
This committee shall consist of a Chair appointed by the President and approved by the Board, with members of the organization to lead the board in efforts that create career ready, next-generation business builders. The Youth Entrepreneurship Committee shall positively impact the lives of young people by providing students with:
- sound financial literacy skills that encourage financial dignity and inclusion
- support and business role models for success
- techniques to present themselves professionally to gain business confidence and skills.
- networking opportunities with like-minded youth, entrepreneurs, policymakers, public officials, and possible mentors